Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 7 - Animal Kingdom & travels home

I don't have pictures for this day because it was a travel day, but what a wonderful day it was!!! I TOOK lots of pictures and plan on uploading them to snapfish, so I will email them out if you are interested, just let me know!!! :o) Anyhow, the weather couldn't have been better, no rain, a good breeze. Animal Kingdom is a pretty cool place, we went to see The Festival of the Lion King and Pochahontas and her Animal Friends. We also toured all the walk through stuff and then headed to Dino-Land...which was Cameron's favorite place. He wanted to go back to the Bone Yard, and once we were there we found a dino dig!!! I guess it was closed the day before, but he was SOOOOO excited about finding it - even though he had to leave his shoes on...which he wasn't thrilled about.

We stayed at the park for the parade and made it back to our hotel with 45 minutes to spare, so we took some photos around our hotel and then spent anything we had left in the gift shop - the boys are now official gift shop junkies!! Even Carson knows the word "gift shop" and is proficient in throwing a fit to get to go in!!! :o)

We rode the Magical Express home without a hitch. There was a LUSH store at the airport, so I stocked up on stuff to make my body feel better after the torture I put it through this week!!! :o) I can't decide if I want to try to save it and go all the way to Ada and use mom's big ol' tub or just use it here...guess I could use a little here and plan a trip to Ada just to use a little there!! ;o) I did get a bit teary on our way home when the video came on and said "M-I-C - See ya real soon, K-E-Y - Why, because we like you, M-O-U-S-E!!!!" Boo-hoooooooooo, wahhhhhhh, but it is good to be home...I guess. We did get a good surprise at the airport, as we were getting our luggage off the carosel we saw some very familiar faces - Russ & Jill were there to greet us. It was so nice to see them and I wanted to stay and chat, but I guess we will catch back up either this weekend or when we come to get Champp.

Anyhow, we had a great time and I will get pictures uploaded as soon as possible - after I tackle this mountain of laundry!!! :o) It actually isn't so bad. ;o) Oh, we also have photos that were taken by the Photopass people at Disney. I will get links to that up soon, too...or send them via email if you want them! You can look and purchase if you want...they are pretty much all just the boys interacting with the characters. Anyhow, thanks all who read our blog!! Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed sharing!!! :o)

No comments: