Monday, August 4, 2008

Cameron started Kindergarten

I guess if I'm going to write about my get out of debt challenge I can also write about Cameron and school!!! Today we started Kindergarten! It was very exciting and fun. Cameron is enrolled at Texas Tech, which he likes to tell everybody he knows (and in turn that makes people look at him funny since he is only 5 years old! LOL). Anyhow, Tech has a distance program so Cameron does all of his work here at the house and we send it in for grading. He worked on Phonics, social studies, and science today. We will be doing Math-U-See as soon as his curriculum comes in...which should be today. Maybe I can talk daddy into schooling him while I'm at work today!!! We examined a peanut today and used our 5 senses to talk about the peanut (in the shell). It was great because I started talking to him about the 5 senses and he said, "Yes, I'm going to use my sense of smell, since of looking (sight), since of smell, since of hearing and since of, ummm, feel (touch). So, I really didn't have to teach him a darn thing today...he is so smart!!!

No comments: