Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A payment made!

Okay, today I sold a few things around the house...these are things that we totally don't use, hadn't used in ages (talking at least a year, most more), and don't need. So, I sent $135 to our smallest credit card! That balance is at $1,151.29 after I sent payment today and yesterday (for some other stuff I sold!). Right now our snowball is at $225, so after the first of the month I will have a balance on this card of under $1,000!!! This makes me so happy. I get a little defeated when I look at how long it will take to pay it off monthly with our snowball (because that is still around six months, which seems like forever and this is our smallest card), but having it at less than $1,000 makes it seem like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have actually paid of two cards this year already, they totaled about $1,600, so maybe with some real work I can get this one paid off quicker as well!!! Once I get this card paid off there will be four cards remaining (not to mention Eric's business card that we have used for not so business purposes). Those are really big cards, but if I keep the right attitude of purge not buy maybe, just maybe, I can have this stuff knocked out sooner rather than later! Oh, I am having a garage sale in a week or two, we'll see how much we can get out of that as well!!! :o)

No comments: